The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in fruit are vital for health. Adding more fruit to your diet is an easy way to reduce the risk of many diseases, including high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity. Fresh fruits are naturally sweet, give you energy and may even help ward off cancer. Here are a few healthy benefits of my favorite fruits and a delicious recipe for Healthy Fruit Pizza from Fit Foodie Finds.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
Give you whiter, healthier teeth. Protect against Alzheimer’s disease. Protect against Parkinson’s disease. Curb all types of cancers. Reduce the risk of diabetes. Lower cholesterol.
You may also like: The Best Fruits and Veggies for Winter
You may also like: Best Foods for Healthy Skin
Support cognitive function and protect against Parkinson’s disease. Boost heart health. Support weight loss efforts. Protect against cancers. Lower blood pressure. Help fight against urinary tract infections.
Help battle belly fat. Support restful sleep. Ease arthritis pain. Reduce the risk of gout. Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Provide an instant source of energy. Lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Support healthy kidney function. Enhance cognitive function and supports memory. Decrease the risk of stroke. Improve muscle fatigue and cramping.
Reduce the risk of kidney disease and liver cancer. Support a healthy heart. Fight against viral infections. Relieve constipation. Support good vision. Lower high blood pressure and cholesterol.
Relieve indigestion and constipation. Promote weight loss. Support healthy skin. Improve dental hygiene. Support cognitive function and boost concentration.
Adding fruit to your diet is as simple as eating an apple with lunch or slicing a banana into your breakfast cereal. Aim to add at least three servings of fruit into your diet to reap the amazing benefits they have to offer! Need some inspiration? Try this amazing recipe from Fit Foodie Finds!
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey (I add a little more because I like the sweetness)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10-inch round pan.
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. The dough will be thick, so it may be easier to kneed with your hands.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Place dough ball into greased pan and evenly flattened to the bottom of the pan. Run a greased spatula around the edges to separate from the pan (this makes it easier for removal later).
- Bake for 14 – 17 minutes.
- While crust is baking, place filling ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth – it should be thick and creamy.
- Once out of the oven, let the crust cool. Evenly spread the filling over the top of the crust and decorate with the fruit.
- Place in the fridge for about 15 – 20 minutes. Then Enjoy!